Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

Introducing Mercy Fridays

Starting today, I am going to try to produce material about mercy for Fridays, especially while we're still in Eastertide.  I will draw largely from the diary of St. Faustina Kowalska, but not exclusively so.  Here's a starter:

O Eternal Love, You command Your Sacred Image to be painted
And reveal to us the inconceivable fount of mercy,
You bless whoever approaches Your rays,
And a soul all black will turn into snow.

O Sweet Jesus, it is here You established the throne of Your mercy
To bring joy and hope to sinful man.
From Your open Heart, as from a pure fount,
Flows comfort to a repentant heart and soul.

May praise and glory for this Image
Never cease to stream from man's soul.
May praise of God's mercy pour from every heart,
Now, and at every hour, forever and ever.


(Divine Mercy in My Soul, #1)

Let's never get tired of commending ourselves to God's mercy.  I try to remember - but lately have not been succeeding - when I am angry at somebody, that I stand in constant need of God's mercy, and so does the object of my wrath.

No comments: