Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

God's Grace Has Got To Be Enough


Later today I will be giving a talk to my parish's preconfirmation students.  I have thirty five minutes to tell them about the Blessed Virgin Mary and her role in our life.  Might as well expect me to teach them Spanish in thirty five minutes!  On top of that, I am told that the students are eager for anyone to answer questions - on the Virgin, on our holy religion, on life in general.  So I am going to fit my talk into fifteen minutes (I know, to expect me to speak on anything for only fifteen minutes presses the boundaries of credibility) and leave fifteen minutes for Q & A, and five minutes of buffer time.

Insurmountable task?  Yes.  Evangelization of whatever audience always has been.  Good.  It reminds us that we must rely upon Jesus.

Say a prayer for these poor CCD students, and for their hapless mariologist.  Lolol.

No comments: