Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

Feet Getting Faster

So last night I ran my first race in about 6 years, and only my second or third since graduating college. It was a 5k, advertised as being a trail run, although about 2 of the 3.12 miles were actually on a road. It was a there-and-back race, too, which is not usually the most interesting or easily viewed race either. All that said, the weather was perfect, the atmosphere was festive, there was live music at the end, and the vineyard that hosted the race provided free fruit, bread, cheese, water, and wine samples (!) for all the runners. There were 501 runners who finished, and I placed 61st, finishing in 22:36 min, which is a 7:14 min/mile pace (although, they recorded my time as somebody else's, and vice versa). I’m pretty happy with that as a start. I’ll definitely go again next year, and bring some friends, too, because I’m sure they’ll agree that the wine et al. more than makes up for the difficulty of viewing the race.

No comments: