Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

Mary, Day by Day

I have a little bedside daily devotional that I read sometimes, called Mary Day by Day. Here's today's entry, which caught me particularly.

"A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by grief of mind the spirit is broken. The wise of heart seek knowledge," - Proverbs 15:13-14.

Reflection: "The most holy Heart of Mary is the treasure of holiness, the furnace of Divine Love, the throne of all virtues, and the sanctuary of the Trinity. May that Heart be forever blessed and celebrated throughout the universe!" - St. John Eudes

Prayer: "O Immaculate Heart of Mary, may my heart be ever united with yours. Grant that I may hate sin, love God and my neighbor, and reach eternal life together with those I love."

No comments: