Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

Mary, As Ever...

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, the great patroness of this little blog, and my great protectress. I have been to Lourdes four times, and each time hoping to retrieve the bit of my heart that I had left there before. But oh, how hard it is to drag my heart back! Instead, each time, I have found more of my heart missing - no, not missing - but back in Lourdes, at rest by its healing fountains.

The image in the background of this blog is from a picture I taken at the grotto of Lourdes, either by myself or Deacon Dave - I can't remember which of us took it. If anyone wants to make a pilgrimage there, contact me, and I will happily help you make arrangements for room and board in the guesthouses of a very convenient, pleasant, and economical convent there.





The clip above is from "The Song of Bernadette," based on Franz Werfel's book by the same title. He wrote it after visiting Lourdes during his flight flight from the Nazis, moved as he was by the hospitality shown him by the religious communities that have numerous houses there. The movie is one of my very favorites, and still touches me deeply each time I watch it.  For those who don't know what happened at Lourdes, read this.

No comments: