Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

How Far Today?



(That's how far I ran this morning with my childhood friend, Dave. I took a 12 min break before the last 3 miles, and felt depleted... the natural consequence of running during the warming morning rather than the cooling evening, and not having eaten in eight or nine hours... but I ran 'em. While I rested, my comrade being in my better condition than I, he banged out two miles. We finished together. And like the workers in Jesus' parable (Mt 20), got the same reward in the end - achievement.)

No comments: