Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

Isaiah 43:1-4

I know I already put this one up (Isa 43:4) but it is so beautiful that it bears repeating, and this time at greater length.

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you
,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life."


Father, I am weak, and falter. Please remind me of your love so that I will not perish, but turn to you and live. Amen.

No comments: